Arts Saves Live Auction
18 November 2018
On November 18 2018, Roads For Life organized its 1st auction entitled “Art Saves Lives” to commemorate World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims.
15 helmets were put up for auction, customized by several renowned Lebanese artists.
Additionally, world famous fashion designer Elie Saab custom designed and hand-crafted a Harley-Davidson® Road King Special 2018 motorcycle and helmet, entitled “Tribute To Life”.
The auction was led by Adrian Bidell, after a ten-day online auction on Artscoops that marked the starting price of the live auction on these helmets.
The funds raised will be used to help EMS teams, physicians and nurses acquire the latest rescue techniques benefiting patients during the “Golden Hour” of trauma following an accident.
Roads For Life wants to again thank everyone who helped make the auction a success, specifically we would like to thank the following artists for their masterpieces:
- Ashekman (composed of brothers Omar and Mohamed Kabbani) for their helmet “The Street is Ours”
- Bokja Gallery for their helmet “Bad Hair Day”
- Karim Chaya for his helmet “WOOSH!”
- Karen Chekerdjian for her helmet “Golden Hour”
- Nada Debs for her helmet “60 ‘ ”
- Hania Farrell for her helmet “Under my Wings”
- Gregory Gatseralia for his helmet “Antzella”
- Yazan Halwani for his helmet “Face of Calligraphy XXI”
- Bernard Khoury for his helmet “Handle with Care”
- Jamil Molaeb for his helmet “For a Road to Life”
- Roger Moukarzel for his helmet “Light your Life”
- Selim Mouzannar for his helmet “Fortune”
- Jean-Marc Nahas for his helmet “My Dear Friends
- Rana Salam for her helmet “Mahrouse”
- Katya Traboulsi for her helmet “Coming Home”
The making of Elie Saab's Harley-Davidson® "Tribute to Life" for Roads For Life
Helmets for auction that took place during our Art Saves Lives Event on Nov 18 at Le Yacht Club Beirut.
A Roads For Life Event at the Yacht Club Beiruthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcGiCc1C--w
More Information Here: